Chef Rachel's 4:1 Vanilla Cake & Buttercream Frosting Recipe (from GLUT1 conference)
Author: Chef Rachel
She’s done it! Chef Rachel has come up with the perfect 4:1 cake recipe with the most delicious buttercream frosting! We recently debuted this cake recipe at the Glut1 Deficiency Foundation family meeting and it was a hit – lots of smiles, thumbs ups, “yummy”s and requests for seconds from the kids (and some of the parents!). We hope you love it just as much! You will not believe this is a 4:1 ratio cake with just 2.5 g net carbs per serving.
Note - You can also use this same recipe to make cake pops. This recipe is also available in a 3:1 ratio.
g Formula: KetoCal 4:1 powder - Nutricia
g Almond Flour (whole ground blanched almonds)
g Egg (raw, mixed well)
g Mayonnaise, Hellmann's/Best Foods
g Baking Powder - Calumet (Kraft)
g Vanilla extract - pure
g Cream, 36%
g Pudding powder Kraft FatFr/SugarFr, Inst.Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
Nutrition Information (for entire recipe):
2. Weigh KetoCal powder, almond flour, egg, mayonnaise, baking powder, and vanilla extract. Save cream, butter, and pudding powder for later.
3. Mix KetoCal powder, almond flour, egg, mayonnaise, baking powder, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a spatula until well blended.
4. Pour batter into a greased very small baking dish – we used a 7.5 x 5.5 x 1.8 (3 cup) glass Pyrex® baking dish.
5. Spread batter evenly in baking dish.
6. Place baking dish into the oven.
7. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until edges start to brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Keep a close eye on it as it bakes as oven baking times may vary.
8. While baking, prepare your frosting recipe.
9. Weigh heavy cream, butter, and sugar-free pudding powder.
10. Add heavy cream to a large bowl. Using a hand blender, whip cream until it starts to stiffen to whipped cream consistency.
11. Add pudding powder and butter to the same bowl with the cream, then blend until mixture is blended. Do not over blend or frosting will become too stiff.
12. Remove cake from oven and allow to cool.
13. Once cake is completely cool, spread frosting as evenly as possible over the top.
14. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator. Note – frosting will melt if exposed to heat or direct sunlight.
*Optional, add “keto sprinkles” (granulated stevia mixed with a dash of food coloring) on top of the frosting. If you do this, be sure to add the stevia to the recipe and account for any extra carbs – you may need to add a bit of extra butter to the frosting recipe to even out the ratio. Ask your dietitian for help.
Makes approximately 6 servings of cake (about 250 calories per serving). Can adjust serving size to reach needed calorie amount.
Ketocal 4:14:1 ratiocakebirthdayKetocal 4:1 powder