g Cauliflower, raw
g Zucchini, with skin - raw
g Garlic paste - Amore
g Egg (raw, mixed well)
g Sour Cream - cultured (not low-fat)
g Mayonnaise, Hellmann's/Best Foods
g Oil, Olive
g Formula: KetoCal powder 3:1 Nutricia NA
Nutrition Information (for entire recipe):
- Shred raw zucchini (I used a cheese grater), then measure (raw).
- Chop cauliflower florets, then measure (raw).
- Steam cauliflower a bit to soften, either on the stove or in the microwave. Briefly mash them with a fork or mini spatula.
- After measured, place shredded zucchini on a plate and sprinkle a small amount of salt on top. Allow to sit for a few minutes, then blot it with a paper towel (this removes excess water from the zucchini so that the latke batter is not too watery).
- Mix vegetables, egg, garlic paste, olive oil and KetoCal 3:1 powder in a bowl.
- Heat a pan with olive oil.
- Pour latke batter into pan, making two “pancakes”. Cook until brown on edges, then flip and brown on the other side. If some of the latke falls apart at the edges, just use your spatula to reshape it as it cooks.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate to cool, Do not place on a paper towel since this will remove some of the fat.
- To make the sour cream topping, mix the sour cream and mayonnaise together. Spoon the mixture onto the latkes.